Skiing for connoisseurs above clouds
The secret tip for reliable snow and pleasure skiing.
For us pleasure skiing also includes a reliable snow coverage from early December until late April, expertly groomed and uncrowded slopes you only find in resorts where busy tourist action is virtually unheard of.
Sometimes the clocks seem to run just that bit more slowly here, putting all skiing fans’ minds at rest. Which is why it’s so enjoyable to carve, wedel, practise your stem turns, indulge yourself on the racing run or glide along the cross-country trail. Up here where you’re that bit higher and usually even above the clouds, skiing is simply more fun.
Just like stopping to eat in one of the 3 ski lodges. Forget the usual crowds and self-service. Our hearty lodge hosts like to keep things nice and personal.
Those with an eye for a view can enjoy the fabulous outlook from 2,300 metres above sea level (at the cross on the summit) over the surrounding mountain world, and romantics can succumb to the charms of nature on the high altitude cross-country trail or during the ascent to the start of the illuminated toboggan run.
At Heidi Alm ski park it’s all about simply enjoying your skiing! Far away from the rush of everyday life and overcrowded slopes – it’s skiing in its purest form!
Weather and snow
Here in southern Austria we are favoured by our climate – which means more sunny days for you and thus perfect skiing weather more often than in the northern Alps. At the same time the altitude guarantees the best snow and slope conditions. And if now and then “Mother Holle” doesn’t give us enough of the white stuff, then our snow-making equipment ensures super fun on the slopes on almost every run! Here again the altitude works in our favour: Due to the dry, cold air up here, the artificial snow turns much less icy than down in the valley. You probably won’t even notice it’s artificial snow once you have got going!
The plus points at a glace:
- At a height of 1,700 – 2,300 metres, our slopes are absolutely reliable until the end of April.
- There are places to stay right next to the slopes – simply put your skis on and head off into the splendid white stuff!
- The ski resort is small and straightforward – so you can let the children go off by themselves sometimes without worrying about them.
- Nonetheless, we offer interesting runs from blue through to black.
- We are the children’s mountain! – Two children’s hotels, our ski school and thoroughly child-friendly lift staff make us a secret tip for families!
- Children under 6 ski for free for the whole of the season!